More than 2000 beer aficionados gathered in Library Park in September 2016 for the 11th Annual Brass City Brew Fest featuring 125+ breweries and brewpubs showcasing more than 275 domestic and international brews.
The Brew Fest is one of the largest in New England and provides an opportunity for beer lovers to sample a daunting variety of craft brews. Proving its appeal, the Brew Fest has drawn attendees from more than 90 towns in Connecticut and a dozen states up and down the East Coast.
In 2016, three free mini beer & brewing seminars were held throughout the day. Attendees enjoyed a great selection of hearty food from local eateries while three live bands provided entertainment . . . and the annual Grand Street Cruise a free classic car show held in conjunction with the Brew Fest since '07 was on display once again in 2016.
The Brass City Brew Fest is presented by & for the benefit Main Street Waterbury, a non-profit organization committed to the continued revitalization of Downtown Waterbury, CT. Event proceeds support Main Street's year-round programs & initiatives.
The Brew Fest's "Event Host" is Nutmeg Fine Wines & Spirits of Waterbury. Nutmeg owner Rob Gardner is responsible for enlisting & coordinating the participation of the many generous Brewers, Brewpubs, Distributors & Reps. Please visit Nutmeg at 1650 Watertown Ave in Waterbury / 203.757.8332
Send us a note with questions or suggestions (if not answered or addressed below!): email@example.com
Like the Brew Fest on Facebook »»
- Attendees must be 21+ w/ a valid State-issued picture ID (or Passport)
- Food, water & other non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase
- We do not allow attendees to bring in their own food & beverage provisions.
- This event will be held RAIN or SHINE (plenty of tents!)
- Children (infants/toddlers) are welcome if carried by parents in backpacks. No strollers or children on foot allowed.
- No pets please! No exceptions.
- To ensure a long-lasting supply for all attendees, all participating Brewers & Reps will only pour 3 oz tasting portions. Attendees will be able to enjoy an "unlimited" tasting experience from the 250+ brews presented, but please remember it is up to you to Enjoy Responsibly.
- Attendees may bring pint glasses or other drinking vessels into the Brew Fest, and brewers will be selling pint glasses as they have in the past, but no pours will be made directly into large drinking vessels. Pours will be made into plastic tasting cups (provided by the Brew Fest) and Brass City Brew Fest 5 oz tasting glasses only.
DESIGNATED DRIVERS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND FREE
Identify yourself at the gate as a Designated Driver and you'll be given a distinct wristband.
DD's under the age of 21 (18+ y.o.) are allowed.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING:
Map online or navigate to: Library Park, Waterbury, CT
There's plenty of FREE municipal parking within easy walking distance of the Brew Fest.
Look for signs to Brew Fest parking once you arrive in Downtown Waterbury.
UBER has Joined Us as the Rideshare Partner of the Brass City Brew Fest.
Sign-up as an UBER New User with this promo code BRASSCITYBREW and youll
receive $15 off your first ride!
Look for the Uber Pick-up & Drop-off Zone across from the Wtby RR Station & Water Tower.
(promo code good thru the end of Sept 2017)
TRAVEL BY TRAIN:
The Waterbury train station on the Metro-North Waterbury Line is across the street from Library Park.
For schedule info: Click Here
ALL THINGS DOWNTOWN WATERBURY: Click Here
HOTELS & LODGING:
The COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT Waterbury Downtown @ 63 Grand St
has established a special group rate of $99 for overnight accommodations.
You may contact their reservations department at any time to receive the special rate.
The rate is also available to book last minute on the day of the event.
To book, please contact Courtyard by Marriott / 203.596.1000 and ask for the BRASS CITY BREW FEST rate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Contact these hotels and mention the Brew Fest to see if they are offering discounted room rates.
The list is in order of proximity to the Brew Fest.
HAMPTON INN :: 777 Chase Pkwy, Waterbury :: 203-753-1777
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL :: 1284 Strongtown Rd, Southbury :: 203-598-7600
# # # # # # # # #